Saturday 13 March 2010

Sixth Sense Technology

In my lectures on marketing (yep marketing) we've been learning not only about marketing strategies for BHS and Channel 5, but also about leadership qualities within designers. Apparently design leaders are different to any other group leaders, as their success requires friendship.


Anyway, the point that I was trying to make within this blog post (and I apologise for not writing more recently), was that the lecturer told us that to be great leaders we needed to be ahead of the times, thinking beyond the now and about the future - ready to design for the next major technical advancement. His example was that in 5 years time there will be no more mobile phones, there will be no more computers, it will all be on your person. I was in complete denial, but this video just goes to show, anything will be possible. I find it frightening how close it is to being so hi-tech, and I think it will be awful. We're already in such a computer age, and I find myself facebooking or skyping my friend upstairs or calling someone within the same house. How will I be when I don't even have to go to my computer, but use my hands. Will people communicate properly ever again? It is going to be such a bizarre future.

But then also terribly exciting. But definitely watch this clip - its incredible!

1 comment:

  1. What a great mind-expanding and exciting video. Where is this all going to take the human species I wonder. I doubt whether any of us really knows. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete