Saturday 13 March 2010

3D

While I'm on the topic of a hi-tech computer age, I just went to see Alice in Wonderland. I thought it was fantastic, I really did. The 3G was incredible, and the mix of real life and animation was so well done. Also the costumes and makeup were extraordinary. I would love to be able to create costumes so rich and stunning as these. I will definitely google the costume designer - Colleen Atwood.


Heres a trailer - but see it in 3D!


I also saw Avatar, at the IMAX, which in terms of computer design was beautiful, and the 3D worked so well. It was immensely enjoyable, although very cheesey, and a joy to watch. Will there be any such thing as 2D films in 5 years time? Will going to see a 2D film in 25 years time, be like seeing a black and white film now? Also, what will happen when these films turn into DVDs? Will they come with 3D glasses? This will be interesting!



Fascination.

No comments:

Post a Comment