Monday 23 November 2009

Texture



It was my birthday on the 18th, but I have been celebrating it for a week! (Which is amazing, but not too wonderful seeing as it is almost the end of term and I need to get back on top of my work). I am now 21! So officially a woman. The last big birthday til I'm 30.
My friends have been incredible and are the best possible friends a girl could have - so generous, amazing, kind, fantastic, beautiful and lovely. And they overwhelmed with my gifts and presents.
Anyway, the reason for writing this post, wasn't to brag about how awesome my party was, but is instead going to tell you about Texture - an ingenious restaurant where my parents took me for my birthday.


Texture is a restaurant set in the heart of London, in Mayfair. The chef is from Iceland and serves up Scandinavian inspired food. Focusing on the texture of different foods throughout. The combination of Xavier Rousset (one of the UKs most successful sommeliers) and Aggi Sverrisson (an award winning chef) created a concept for a restaurant where light, healthy food and exquisite wines would have equal importance. That concept became Texture, believed to be the first restaurant co-founded by an award-winning sommelier and top chef.







For nibbles we were presented with flavoured pop corn and fish skin, parmesan crisps. All with unique textures and flavoures. For my mains I had a venison, served with chocolate. And for desert they presented bowls filled with dry ice, pouring over our icecream - like a couldron. I was most impressed. What I found fascinating about this restaurant was the way the food was presented - everything was taken into consideration; the placement of the food on the plate, and the decoration on the food, the colour of the plate, the position of the plate. It was just like art. Art and design within food.

No comments:

Post a Comment