Monday 23 November 2009

Grease is the Word


I am currently partaking in the Stage Musical Society production of Grease. Unfortunately I am not singing or dancing within the show, but instead I am sourcing and creating the costumes for the show. Also known as Costume Design. I am doing this with two other girls from Fashion Design, and the three of us have set out to produce a day wear outfit, a ball gown, a cheerleading outfit and a sparkly number for Beauty school drop out, for 44 cast members. Oh not forgetting the T-Birds and Pink Ladies Jackets. Although stressful at times, it has been an incredible experience and has really opened my eyes in Costume design as a plausible career. It combines two of my passions - Theatre and Textiles, and I love to see the final outcomes of the costumes on stage. I was meant to be documenting my experiences as I go along, but have now discovered that it is 2 weeks before the show, so most things have been found and completed - mostly found from charity shops and vintage stalls and markets. However, I have given myself the task today to make 12 cheerleading outfits. Excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment