Tuesday 17 November 2009

Experimental Knit

Experimental knitting? I'm thinking Sandra Backlund (who I've already mentioned), Mark Fast, and now Pringle, who have brought experimental knitting to something of the norm; sold in high street stores...yes and by that I do mean Top Shop. Just as a quick aside, people love to mention Topshop.


Mark Fast.



Pringle of Scotland.



Topshop.


Other than just experimental knit in fashion, I have come across some rather amusing knitted things. And when I say things, I mean really really random stuff.




Look how wonderful these knitted cupcakes are! I absolutely love them. I really do! I just think they're such ingenious ideas. What knitter would hate knitted cupcakes. But what does one do with them? I would definitely squeeze them. I reckon they'd be really a good stress release.



A knitted chair. Yep.




Yes, most certainly a knitted bicycle. Obviously. No not a scarf, or a jumper...a bicycle. One may think it's pointless, and I'll probably agree, but it is fun. And we like fun.
How long do you think it took to make? A very long time.



And if it couldn't get any weirder. A knitted digestive system.
It just goes to show, one can literally knit anything, in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment