Monday 26 October 2009

"Afterwords"

This was my favourite video from the exhibition. I just think it is incredible how he transforms furniture into clothing, something that from what I know, has never been attempted by other designers. I think that this was inspired by refugees, to show how they are continuously moving, and are practically wearing their wardrobe or house.

I like to think that I could one day create a garment which means more than just a fashion statement. This may sound (in fact definitely does sound) really cliché and american, but my ideal future career would be to create something for a reason and for a purpose and for a point. Which Hussein Chalayan definitely does.

1 comment:

  1. I very much enjoy this!!! Thank-you for a lovely bit of inspiration. You have some great ideas going on here. I want to steal them... but i won't :)
    Keep going! xx

    ReplyDelete