Wednesday 2 March 2011

Tomorrow Never Comes


I apologise for the lack of my blog in the last 9 months or so. Its been terrible I know.
I blame it on end of year exams firstly, then being crazy busy over summer, and then with my whole year in Industry malarky. But mostly its because I'm terribly lazy and have no real need to continue it - there is no teacher telling me that I have to or no job application as yet.

Throughout these 9 months, I kept telling myself that I have to write my blog this weekend, or I will definitely write something tomorrow. But in the words of Ronan Keating and by more reputable people, tomorrow never comes. and it literally never did, until yesterday, when I decided to finally actually write something.

I thought I would give you a summary of my life over the past time. I plan to come back and add a proper blog about each of the following - as I have missed a whole load of interesting things, websites, videos, art, photography, all stored up in my brain...that I need to show. I will wait for another 'tomorrow' and a cold and wet day to upload everything...and tell you my stories and share my findings.

Back to a summary:
July: I spent pretty much the whole of July designing and making costumes for a play for the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. It was called When In Rome and was produced by a best friend of mine, Ella Jones. It was extremely funny, well written and directed, Rob Thorman, and as I heard, an incredible success!


August - December: I spent 5 months in Paris! (I did it! I actually ended up living there. My dream came true). It was incredible - I really loved it. I was interning for Première Vision - a massive international textile faire, and at the same time learning some french.


Image taken from here

January - I flew out to Los Angeles (where I am currently residing) and am now interning for Sue Wong, a high end fashion designer.

Image taken from here

Its all been very crazy, and I've learnt loads and met amazing people, and seen lots of incredible things. I will have to update you properly! This really doesn't excuse 9 months of silence...but I managed to find an urge within me to blog, and this shouldn't be ignored.

Speak soon,

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I attest to the fact that you have been doing lots of brilliant work, especially whilst in Paris:) And, I know you continue to do amazing things in L.A. Much love et bisous de Paris

    ReplyDelete